Planning your Thanksgiving Dinner
Planning your Thanksgiving Dinner is most important task to do when Thanksgiving is only few days away, and while that may still seem like an eternity to gear up for the big meal, its time for you to start getting ready. Fortunately, Shopping Spout U.S. is here to help every step of the way with this step-by-step guide to planning your Thanksgiving.
ONE WEEK before Thanksgiving:
- Make your guest list and invite friends and family
- Decide your Thanksgiving menu consider the number of people you will be entertaining.
- Decide on a centerpiece or DIY one and gather any other tabletop decorations.
- If youre buying a frozen turkey, purchase it now.
- Prepare your cranberry relish and store it in the fridge.
- Select wine to go with your meal.
- Ask your kids to help organize games for the younger guests.
Thanksgiving Week: MONDAY
- Clean out the refrigerator which can be done in only 15 minutes with these tips.
- Go shopping for perishable items on your shopping list.
- Place your turkey in the fridge to begin defrosting and check out Butterballs advice for cooking a turkey if its your first time.
Thanksgiving Week: TUESDAY
- Iron linens, if necessary.
- Polish silverware, if necessary.
- Print out recipes and make sure you have all the ingredients needed.
Thanksgiving Week: WEDNESDAY
- Cut up bread for stuffing. Season as desired and place on cookie sheets in a preheated oven overnight to dry. Store in plastic zip-top bags.
- Chop vegetables, fruits and herbs for stuffing and seal in plastic zip-top bags.
- Prepare pies. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare any make-ahead side dishes (roasted vegetables, casseroles). Cover and store in the fridge.
- Set up an extra table and chairs if more dining space is needed.
- Chill drinks. If youre short on refrigerator space, store them in a cold wine cooler or out on the porch or place drinks in a large basin filled with ice and water.
- Prepare the stuffing. Cover and refrigerate.
- Wrap your roasting pan with foil or use a disposable roasting pan or cooking bag for a quick cleanup.
- Clean the turkey, removing the bag of giblets. Place the turkey in the prepared roasting pan and put it back in the fridge.
- Simmer the giblets, adding water as needed until tender. Then refrigerate, covered with liquid, until needed for the gravy.
- Use your slow cooker if extra space is needed to keep menu items warm.
- Children can help set the table and create place cards for each setting.
- Prep any pre-dinner appetizers.
- Clean as you go to avoid big cleanups later.
FOUR hours before Dinner:
- Stuff the turkey.
- Put the turkey in the oven or you can use Roaster Oven with Self-Basting Lid. The roasting time will depend on size of the bird.
THREE hours before Dinner:
- Clean green beans, cover and set aside.
- Cook sweet potatoes.
TWO hours before Dinner:
- Peel potatoes, then cube them and cover with salt water.
- Finish preparing any additional vegetables.
ONE hour before Dinner:
- Fill a small pitcher with half-and-half or milk for coffee, then cover and refrigerate. Fill sugar bowl.
- Set out appetizers along with napkins and small plates, if using.
ONE HALF-HOUR before Dinner:
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Let it sit 20 minutes before carving.
- Reheat bread, vegetables and other side dishes, if necessary.
- Make gravy, using the drippings from turkey and the giblets.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Place vegetables, cranberry sauce and other side dishes in serving bowls.
- Whisk the gravy and pour it into a gravy boat.
- Open wine and pour into decanters or glasses.
- Set out a pitcher of water so people can help themselves.
- Make sure there are salt and pepper shakers on the table.
- Put coffee on to brew and boil hot water for tea.
- Set out the milk or cream and sugar, as well as tea bags.
- Serve dessert, coffee and after-dinner drinks.
- If the weather permits, take a walk to enjoy each others company and digest.
The Thanksgiving Dinner is the one meal of the year that you usually know what to expect and what you will be eating. Different areas of the United States have different thanksgiving traditions, plus family have their traditional dishes that must be prepared. Honor your family traditions and make the traditional foods expected. Then add a new dish that you would like to introduce. The Thanksgiving dinner is a simple meal to prepare. All it takes to pull it off is some advance planning. The best advice is to write down everything you need to do and then prioritize. Hope you like our planning your Thanksgiving Dinner this year 2015.
Shopping Spout US is an online shopping portal which facilitates its customers with amazing discounts, fantastic deals, store coupons, e-vouchers, coupons, coupon codes, promo codes, discount codes, trending flash sales, free & low rates shipping & half pricing clearances to as many product lines of world’s famous brands. Shopping Spout US Facebook Page is also a great place to find promo codes for discounts and other perks so be sure and check it out if you haven’t already.
Shoppingspout.us is a website which presents deals, discounts and coupons; these deals or offers are made avaialble via different affiliate networks. Shoppingspout.us or its staff is not involved when you make a purchase via these links, Shoppingspout.us earns commission through these links/deals only.