Spring Cleaning Checklist with Tricks and Tips
It is as if someone has blown life into the world when spring comes. From the dead silence to the peeping of birds, blooming flowers, creepy-crawlies and bees all around, green trees and much more gives the more exciting feelings ever. No matter, how enthusiastic the world is outside, the house still seems to suffer the winter blues and lifelessness. Spring cleaning is common and a much needed traditional happening done at the arrival of the season.
What is Spring Cleaning?
Precisely, spring clean means to take basic actions to clean up your entire house to give it a bright look after the wear and tear of winter season. It not only helps to give an annual cleaning but also put away the things which arent needed anymore. Most importantly, to begin, make up spring cleaning list that will surely help to go with the flow and avoid to mess around and the fatigue of where to begin from?
How to Spring Clean?
Here we have shared a typical spring cleaning checklist which can surely help you to enjoy the season ahead. These are just the brief tips which can help you to plan out your spring cleaning checklist.
How to Spring Clean the House Exterior:
- Take a walk through around your house and note down any broken structures or accessories like gutters around the house or structures which need to be repainted.
- Look for any broken caulk around the windows and doors as well.
- Also look for any possible entries of pests inside the house as it is the time for ants and other pests to start getting in interiors.
- After the initial inspection make a list of what needs to be replaced or repaired and head out to your favorite hardware store to get your supplies.
- Once everything is replaced,repaired and repainted,power wash the siding or brick to have a clean exterior of the house.
- Install your storm windows and use insect repellents to seal the boundaries for any incoming pests.
- Check your air conditioner and see if it needs any repairs or annual service.
- Clean your yard and also repair or take out your outside furniture.
- Add some spring bulbs in front yard to have some color and curb appeal.
How to spring Clean Interior of the House:
- Start by cleaning out all the closets and putting away the clothes and coats which arent needed any more. Dont forget to wash or dry clean according to manufacturers directions
- Put away all the heavy blankets and bed sheets which would be too warm for the coming weather and store away in plastic bins or any underused closets.
- Get your air vents and carpet cleaned as this is the best time to do that. If your hard floors need any wax or polishing schedule for that service as well.
- Launder out all the drapes and clean any hard window coverings.
- Dust out all the bigger furniture and get the upholstered furniture professionally cleaned if needed.
- Also dust off off walls and ceilings, wall art, ceiling fan, curtains and draperies, chairs, table and other furniture and end up vacuuming rugs and carpets.
- In the kitchen also put away any appliances which you wouldnt be needing to cook those hot casseroles and clean out your grill to have the cookouts outside.
- Dont forget the garage and clean out the floors and shelves.
- Donate any unneeded items and clothing and make room for new ones as needed
- Buy some new cutlery with spring colors and flaunt it around the kitchen and dining room
- Spruce up the interior with some flower scented candles and greenery around the house. Use our exclusive code for Target for free shipping to shop today.
Spring cleaning is a good time to give thorough cleaning not only to the house but your mind and body
as well. Now as the weather is nicer, head out and enjoy the outdoors
. But do not forget to stock up any allergy medicines and sprays
if needed. Also add some reusable water bottles
and bug sprays
to your shopping list to keep handy if needed. Spring Cleaning is a chore which everyone dreads and doesnt know where to start . I hope that we have helped you here with our checklist to get started and get done with it to enjoy this beautiful season.
Shoppingspout.us is a website which presents deals, discounts and coupons; these deals or offers are made avaialble via different affiliate networks. Shoppingspout.us or its staff is not involved when you make a purchase via these links, Shoppingspout.us earns commission through these links/deals only.